Monday, July 8, 2013

Why I Love Our Critique Group!

I had a great night tonight! Normally I don't focus my blog post on what a great night I had, but tonight it seemed appropriate because tonight I spent my evening...
with my wonderful former critique group!

It was so amazing...

*to get to see everyone in person again.

*to get to hear what is happening with everyone.

*to get to talk writing!

*to get to read a wonderful new manuscript from one of my former critique-group mates.

*to get to listen to my fellow writers wonderful critiques.

*to get to give a critique of my own.

*to get to participate in the wonderful back and forth flow of ideas that follows our individual critiques.

*and to hang out and talk some more with everyone afterward. :o)

Yes! That's why I love our critique group!

Do you have a critique group you love?  Please share!

8 comments:

  1. Brianna,
    Was so sorry to miss you last night, but we're in Maine. Did you bring your dinosaur beauty pageant manuscript for show and tell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I missed you, Gale! Hopefully we will be able to meet up next time I am in town. (And I didn't bring my manuscript for show and tell, but I did talk about how the story has evolved-- including the latest revisions to the ending. :o) )

      Delete
  2. It was so great to see you again, to hear about your successes, and to catch up on everything! We miss you!And your critiques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome to see you too, J.A.! It was so great to catch up! I miss you too! And your critiques! Hope to see you all again soon!

      Delete
  3. Brianna,
    Thanks so much for coming AND giving me a critique. It was wonderful to see you. So glad to hear all the good news! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to see you, Julie, and to read your wonderful manuscript! Looking forward to hearing good things for it in the future!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. So sorry to miss you too, Ariel! It has been nice to get to know you "virtually". Looking forward to meeting you in person some day!

      Delete